TTO Flanders at Knowledge for Growth on May 21, 2015
On Thursday May 21 Flanders Bio organises the 11th edition of the yearly internationally renown life sciences fair Knowledge for Growth. At the booth of TTO Flanders each university focuses on one particular technology or expertise:
- VUB demonstrates a telemonitoring in-ambulance application for saving lifes when people have a stroke. This technology is being brought to the market by VUB spin-off Zebra Academy.
- UGent shows a diagnostic screening platform based on zebrafish.
- KU Leuven promotes the most used HIV-drug worldwide ter wereld. This drug was co-developed by KU Leuven en is brought to the market by GILEAD Sciences. Another application that is shown is an innovative cochlear hear implant.
- UAntwerp puts its Centre for Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine on the map, an ATMP expertise centre.
- UHasselt has developed an app that detects irregular hart rhythms.